Monday, June 16, 2008

AAAARRRRGGGH!

Why did I have to metion having the cooling system sorted?!?
True to form, the 318 has presented me with yet another issue just prior to a track weekend!
I'm not really mad tho. After all, the car does have 220,000 miles on it, and it's used for track duty, and daily driver duty.

Driving the car back to work from lunch today the temperature gauge started climbing steadily toward the red zone. I managed to get it to stop it's climb about 3/4 of the way there by turning the heat on full blast. When I got to work, I popped the hood, and after a little investigative work found that the clutch driven fan could be stopped easily by hand.

I've ordered a fan clutch from Olympus Imported Auto Parts, and I'll install it tonight after work so I can get home!

... add another $75.00 to the total!

No comments: