Saturday, April 19, 2008

Never hurts to have a Porsche on hand...

Like today when I realized that I was missing two very important & very "dealer only" hoses to complete the replacement of all my vacuum hoses that have been causing my engine woes! Once again, a quick call to the dealership verified parts in stock, but they were going to be closing in 24 minutes!

I gotta admit, I kinda like the little red 944 that whisked me to the dealer with minutes to spare. I'm not going to say how fast I was driving to get there on time, but suffice it to say that If I had been caught, I'd certainly be spending the night at Fairfax County's finest Inn!

So the car is fixed (until the next time), and I'm heading off to bed so I can get up early & wake my neighbors up at 7am loading the car onto the trailer, and gear into the truck for the 4 1/2 hour drive to the Sleep Inn in Danville, VA where I'll be meeting up with the rest of the crazy people from the Audi Club. I've never done a track "weekend" on a Monday / Tuesday, so this should be fun!

No comments: